I used to babysit alot when I was younger, I remember the first real babysitting job I had with the most precious girl ever, I would take care of her and when in doing so I would play with her, go for walks take her to the park and play dress up with her :) .
I always said when I was younger that I wanted to be a wife and mother, I wanted a large family and wanted to stay at home and love on my children I always had this picture of motherhood being similar to babysitting except for motherhood I wouldn't have to share my baby, I would be able to wake up at 10am feed him, play with him, take a nap when he does and of course play dress up, I wouldn't have to wait my turn to hold him, or give him back when the day was done. I always had this false idea that things would be as easy as it was babysitting. That the hard work that this little girls mom was telling me about was just what she was just over exadurating and that it really wouldn't be so bad.
BOY!!! was I wrong, I Love being a mother but it is nothing that I anticipated it would be. The idea of going to the park and having play dates is a great idea but when I think of packing the bag, getting both boys ready with clothes that are warm enough and make them look even cuter than they are just seems like alot of work. I love the life of spontinuety and caotic scheduals but at the end of the day I am pooped, I dont know it is my age or the fact that I have two needy children.
It is work and time consuming but I wouldn't change it for anything, still all I want to be is a wife to the most wonderful man that God could introduce to me and a mother to the two most adorable, sweetest, loving, snuggly, energetic boys.
With Malachi right now I love that he is in discovery and learning new words everyday, I love when I ask him "do you want to go out side" he says in the funnest voice "yes" with all the energy he has, I love how he makes the sound for an elephant, or pinches his fingers together to make a bird sound. But I see the work in him with his screaming, his testing the waters of what is okay, his tantrums that are just starting, we definately entered the 2's and I as a mom and learning how to teach him in a Godly way how to behave.
With Titus I love that all I have to do is smile and he will smile back, I love that he is becoming more alert and finding thins to be entertained with. But I see work with Titus when he is crying all the time and nothing I do can make him content, or when all he wants is to be held and all I feel is I need to get something done, but yet all I want is to hold him, or the 1:30am wake up calls and the 4am feedings.
So I Love being a mom, and am grateful for the opportunity to be able to stay home with my boys but my friend is right it is not like babysitting. No I don't have to give them back at the end of the night, because I am their mom, but sometimes I need to get a babysitter so that I can have some time with Mike or just myself. No I don't have to share but sometimes it is nice for me to let someone else hold them, it does give my arms a little break :) And the idea of being able to play dress up, I have two boys and they HATE to play dress up, so maybe someday God will bless us with a little girl that will Love to dress up but for now that is not as fun either. But I love to play cars, build towers and read books with my kids. But being a parent is nothing compared to being a babysitter. But I would not trade any of it for anything, I will keep the baby fat, the tired eyes, sloppy clothes if that makes me a good mother to my child. I LOVE, LOVE, Love my boys they are the best gift from God to enter in our family.
Dear Jesus,
I pray that you would be with all the tired moms, I ask that you would everyday give them something with their children that reminds them why you have blessed them with this precious job of raising them up to Love You, help us moms remember that as exhausting and trial some times can be their smiles, and giggles and simple phrases are what it is all worth. Thank you Jesus for Loving me and blessing Mike and I with Malachi and Titus, help us to Love on them the way you love on me, and to train them to Love worshiping and praising You.
I Love you Jesus, please continue to bless this day. ~amen~
No comments:
Post a Comment