Isn't it beautiful? Jesus is the Reason for our Hope!
Tonight Malachi had his last Christmas program as a preschooler..(tear). He did not do as well as I had hoped he would. Last year went up he sang, he rang his bell he was cute. This year he was dapper, but the way he acted was a little less than cute and not exactly one of our proudest moments. I feel my face was as red as the shirt he was wear. Malachi rang his bell and rang it well, he sang, sometimes louder than others and then there is him and his friend, they just did not stand well together. He is only 4 and was encouraged by the friend. So our new lesson at home is, don't always go with your friends. Crazy how we teach our kids about peer pressure so early.
Anyway that Manger in the picture above with the Gifts of hope remind me that Jesus is born so that even in Malachi's toughest moments Jesus gives us Hope and Grace for the things we do. He Gives us hope that there is more. Even in MY worst moments Jesus gives me hope, Jesus reminds me that I to have moments where he isn't the most proud of me, then I hang my head down and pray thanking him for the forgiveness and hope he has given me.
So tonight when Malachi and I talked about his time at the program I also remind him that I Love him and am proud of the boy he is, I remind him that no matter what he does on/off stage I will ALWAYS Love him, I give him hope, I help him to lift his head high once again. I can't give him a Hope that Jesus gives but I can introduce it to him in the Love I show him... So tonight as I say sorry to everyone that was offended by what happened I also pray that you would forgive and remember that we too have had these moments and remember where your get your Grace and Hope from, and show that among the children you see this Christmas Season.
Jesus, Thank you for HOPE!
'
No comments:
Post a Comment