Thursday, December 13, 2012

So Much More

Last weekend after being home I was inspired to do something fun, as a family, we don't do alot of creative things around here...I'm just not that creative, But Saturday I was spontanious, creative and kind of organized....We took the kids on "The Polar Express" We had to take baths, brush our teeth, put jammies on, and get our Tickets punched before we could board the "ford" We had water, Low Fat pop corn, Christmas movies, Christmas music and went on the express to see Christmas lights, the boys had so much fun they are still asking to go on the Polar Express again :)  Now I know I need to search pintrest again for more fun ideas.

When I look at lights so beautifully lit, I think about how bright the North star had to have been, I think a little humorously too, the Griswald's house in the National Lampoon Christmas vacation was Glowing with lights, Do you think the North star was brighter than that? It had to be to catch the attention of the Shepards. Do you think that if God sends us a star that bright again, will we stop and pay attention? Will we try to follow it? how far will the light of the star reach?  I think about the Savior's beauty that night, and how peaceful my house feels when the tree lights are on, is that how peaceful the stable was the night Jesus was born? How was Mary, holding her baby for the first time? How amazing and yet scary to know you are holding your baby, but also the Savior of the world, To know that your baby will be given back to God some day.

The reality of giving my baby back to Jesus has come oh so real to me, the reality again of God's Love and Grace and how Jesus was born to save All!  You, Me, Ty, my neighbor down the street, the drug addict, my best friends, the ones oh so lonely, Jesus was born to die. Christmas is about birth yes but about so much more, I can't imagine living life knowing that I am dying for someone else's sin, Let alone knowing my son someday is going to die because of what someone else has done, that my son has to pay the price of someone else's debt, Jesus died for my son so I don't have to live with the fear of where he "might" go and for that I praise Him. I worship Him and Celebrate His birth. 



1 comment: