mommy "Malachi lets pray"
Malachi "OK"
mommy "Malachi say 'Dear Jesus'"
Malachi "Jesus"
mommy "thank you"
Malachi "kanku"
mommy "for"
Malachi "five"
mommy "this food"
Malachi "yeah"
Mommy and Malachi "Amen"
I was visiting with a dear friend a while back, and we were talking about worth, this friend had just quit her job and was looking for another, had moved away from where she was back home. She said she had offers but told me that she was worth more than the amount of money they were offering her. I took offence at first and then decided to search out my worth, my calling. I told here that I got paid way less than that staying home and doing what it is that I do but the rewards were priceless. she understood to an extent. As we parted our own ways that day I got to thinking about how arrogant it was to put your worth into $ and to think that you would rather be getting nothing than to be getting something, I just didn't get their side of it.
Later I visited with another friend and she shared about the things that she is gifted in and the things she struggled with, I have never found what specifically my Gift from God is, I knew I had many gifts but that one big one the one calling he has for me, I just didn't have a clear understanding until just recently through these conversations. my friend was saying how she worries about a clean house and have order in it and that allot of times it bugs her and at times get the best of her if things are nice, tidy and in order at home, but her relationships are just a mess, she focus' on more materials than relational things and at times feels she expects too much from the ones she loves. That is when I found my calling.
My calling is to be a Wife and a wonderful Mom. That does not necessarily mean my house is always clean, as a matter of fact my house generally is a mess. See every morning I wake up and I can choose to clean my whole house or play with my children. Some mornings I choose to clean a room or two, or clean a floor or two which happens weekly. But for the most part I like to play with my boys, I like to teach Ty to roll, and to help him work on sitting up. I like to wrestle with Ky on the floor or play with the Mack truck that his cousin Jack so kindly loaned to him. I love to see their knew discoveries with them, Like when Ky and I go on a puppy hunt through the house for his puppies that he absolutely can't sleep with out or the first time he used the "big boy" potty and pooped but denied that it was his poop, or the first time I took him swimming, or put Ty in the swing outside or taught him the fun things in his exersaucer. I will never get those firsts back but my house will always be here for my to clean. I am the type of mom that is OK with my baby crying a little before I go to rescue him because he has pulled his pipe out of his mouth for the third time. I am the type of mom that can't do laundry and hold my baby at the same time so I need to put him down to get things done. But I am the kind of mom that knows when my child is crying just to get attention and when he really is hurt and needs to snuggle, and to have a big kiss on his boo boo, I am the mom that will dance in my living room for three hours straight with my newborn after getting home from heart surgery and being in so much pain. Even though I may do my parenting differently I AM a good mom, I love my children with all of my human heart, I have been through a lot with my children in their short little lives that some I would change and some I wouldn't but I know that some thing there may only be on way of parenting but what works for me that doesn't for you doesn't make me a bad parent. I am a good mom, God has called me to be a good mom, therefore God is giving me the ability to be a good mom.
So if I get to folding AND putting away the laundry with in the week it is washed that is a great defeat. But My calling in life the Gift that God has given to me is to nurture my children and my family, and to be a Good wife and mom.
Dear God,
Please continue to help me become the mom you want me to be to your children, help me to love with patience, kindness, and gentleness, help me to continue to teach our family your love by loving others. Thank you for calling me and giving me the best gift ever. Please be with all the mommies out here in this world help us to Love you first and then our child as these are your children, your gift to use, Help us to raise them a good God fearing, God Loving people, people that will stand for you and fall at your feet and not at the feet of Satan.
Thank you God for hearing my cry tonight. ~amen~
No comments:
Post a Comment